Brand New Year, Brand New You
Kick-start your New Year with a fresh, new approach to your skin, body and hair. Make the most of your beauty products and let them do the work for you in more than one way. We have selected some top organic beauty must-haves to get you started, coupled with some handy tips that will make you look and feel gorgeous from head to toe.
Brow Beautiful 1. Tweezerman Slant Tweezers
– A handy little nipper. Shape the perfect brow with one of the finest tweezers around for grabbing hair with accuracy. It is important that we maintain well-groomed brows daily.
Price: £14 - £16 Tip:
Keep eyebrows groomed for a polished look. Tweezers are an essential beauty tool for achieving a good finish. Select your ideal shape by following the contours of your natural brow. Use a black brow/eyeliner pencil and define the shape of your brow, only tweeze stray hairs outside of the defined area.
Remember, a shapely brow is far more attractive than a pencil thin line, so be careful not to over tweeze.
Get Set Go 2. Zoya Mini-Cure Nail Care Set
– The condition of the nails like that of the skin reflect the general health of the body, there’s no better way than caring for your nails with this cute little kit from Zoya. The set includes key products to care for your nails all year round.
Price: £14.25 Tip:
As well as a balanced diet being essential to healthy growing nails, so is the quality of the products that you apply. Opt for products that are eco-friendly and kind to the natural nail.
If you don’t regularly wear nail varnish, it is still essential that you apply a treatment or top coat to protect the nails against harsh conditions such as UV rays, excess water and cold weather conditions, etc.
Scentsational 3. Lavera Eau De Toilette
- Heavenly fragrances that bring body and soul into harmony. Comes in 6 different aromas.
Price: £15.95 Tip:
Opt for natural aromas if you are especially sensitive to synthetic fragrances, or if you love using a light scent after showering and before bed.
Natural scents are great for daytime wear or when working with or around babies and children.
Naturally Gorgeous4. Afterglow Organic Mineral Foundation
– Give your skin complete coverage without feeling heavy or cakey.
Price: £32.00 Tip:
Mineral foundations are great for applying a good light base to the skin using natural ingredients. If you suffer from breakouts, acne or have an allergic reaction to traditional cosmetics, then mineral makeup is the way to go in caring for your skin.
If you are in a rush, then brush on one coat of mineral foundation, highlight the cheekbones, centre of the nose and forehead with a quick sweep of mineral bronzer for a fresh, yet glowing complexion.
Sparkling white & Minty fresh 5. Lavera Basis Mint Toothpaste
– Made from plant extracts of Echinacea and Arnica to protect gums and oral flora. The biological tooth-whitening formula with micro-particles gently dissolves stains.
Price: £2.75 Tip:
Keep your breath fresh and your teeth naturally white and healthy using non-toxic toothpaste. Natural toothpastes offer the same protection and effectiveness as traditional toothpastes minus the chemicals.
Invest in a tongue cleaner and use twice daily, this will also help to eliminate bad breath.
Luscious Locks 6. John Masters Herbal Cider Hair Rinse
- A blend of herbs and organic apple cider vinegar leaves hair feeling fresh and delightful. Safe for use on colour treated hair.
Price: £17.00 Tip:
Keep hair squeaky clean and glossy all year round, by removing the build-up of products and environmental residue, including lime from hard water. It is amazing what a weekly detox can do for your hair.
Radiant Beauty 7. La Clarée Oliv Radiance Elixir
– Care for your skin with a concentrate of antioxidant and regenerating active ingredients. Actively smoothes out wrinkles, stimulates cell activity and protects the skin from the effects of ageing.
Price: £34.00 Tip:
You don’t have to take drastic action for a younger, more youthful appearance. Anti-ageing serums are great for combating problems such as fine lines, wrinkles, dry skin and a lack of radiance to the complexion. Use your serum as a night-time rejuvenator and under your moisturiser during cold weather spells.
Most serums are safe to use under the eye area as well and will help to treat dryness, so spare a little for your eyes.
Body Beautiful 8. Lavera Self -Tanning Lotion
– Using 100% pure and natural plant derived active ingredients and is suitable for use on both the face and the body. Vitamin E and Green Tea give extra nourishment to the skin for a naturally tanned look.
Price: £13.50 Tip:
Be the envy of your friends and colleagues with a naturally glowing tan. Use it all year round as it boosts confidence and gives the illusion of a slimmer silhouette.
Use on your legs, allow to develop, then apply a light covering of shimmer dust or shimmer oil down the centre of the legs if you are wearing a dress, you won’t need to wear stockings.
Perfect Pout 9. Madara Tinting Lip Gloss
– Soften, enchant and seduce by using a lip gloss daily.
Price: £10.00 Tip:
If you are wearing bold eyes and cheeks, stick to nude colour lips using a tinted or clear gloss. These are also great for protection against UV rays and chapped lips.
If you use a gloss daily and all year round, you may never experience dry, chapped lips again. Always use under any lip colour.
Bump Beater 10. Madara Anti-Cellulite Body Care Set
– This body care set includes three essential products to combat cellulite. Ideal for eliminating toxins, maintaining skin’s elasticity and firming.
Price: £48.00 Tip:
Use body treatment products that are suitable for eliminating the build-up of toxins during the winter when you are less active. By the time spring arrives your body will require less maintenance when you are ready to bare it all.
Apply your cellulite treatment to the bust and upper arm areas as well, this helps to eliminate toxins in those areas and is great for saggy skin.
Now looking good isn’t just about what beauty products you apply, you need to maintain a healthy outlook in other aspects of caring for your body, such as eating, drinking, exercising and relaxation. These all contribute to your overall well-being Here are just a few simple tips that requires minimal effort, but will make you feel healthy right away without huge sacrifices.
- If you drive to work, park your car further away and walk instead, even if it’s just for 5 minutes.
- Replace lunchtime snacks with fruit bags that can easily be purchased from any supermarket, or make your own.
- Substitute at least one or two cups of your daily intake of coffee or tea for a glass of fresh/bottled water.
- Prepare fresh salads with tuna, chicken, beef, etc, to cut down on the amount of bread you eat during lunch times.
- Instead of white rice at mealtimes, try brown, it tastes fantastic and will make you feel less bloated. If you love nuts, you will love brown rice.
- Keep active after mealtimes to allow your food time to digest, you can wash the dishes, go for a light stroll or play hide and seek with the kids. Don’t sit down, this will only make you feel bloated and lethargic.
- Listen to some quiet music 10 – 15 minutes before bed to relax the mind and body. A good quality natural lavender air spray or candle can help with relaxation.
- Try not to drink anything that contains caffeine a few hours before bedtime, this can make you feel agitated, resulting in a restless night sleep.
- Keep the bedroom cool by allowing the air to flow freely. This does help with breathing and your skin will feel much fresher in the morning.
- Wherever possible, choose organic fruit, vegetables, meat, snacks, household and beauty products, etc. Not only are they healthier for you, it’s clean, it tastes good, it’s earth friendly and considerate towards our planet as well as being biodegradable.