How many of you shy away from using a blusher, simply because you are unsure how to apply it? At the cosmetics counter that is the most common comment we get from ladies. Yet blushers have the ability to brighten and revitalise your complexion in a stroke of a brush. Applied correctly blush can take ten years off your age and make you look glowing with health.
So, how do you apply it correctly?
It all depends on the shape of your face…
- If you have a rounded face with full cheeks, it is best to apply blush to the cheekbones. If you have developed hollows or have sunkenness under the cheekbones it is best to concentrate on the apple of the cheeks. To find the apple of your cheek just smile. The rounded fatty area is the apple.
- I can not over emphasize the need to be light handed. You can always build on the colour, but it’s hard to remove colour.
- Start by dipping your brush into the colour then tapping the brush against a hard surface to remove excess colour. This ensures you don’t start with a great big dab of colour in the middle of your cheek.
- Use light rounded brush strokes to blend the colour. And don’t forget; blend, blend, blend, outwards towards your ears.
- Blush should be the finishing touch to any makeup. This way you can judge by the rest of your makeup how much blush you need. Don’t overdo the colour.
- The best way to pick your blush colour is by the other colours you are wearing. Especially your lipstick. If you are wearing a pink lipstick you should wear a pink blush. Therefore it is important to have a few different colours of blush.
- If you are using a cream blush, the same rules apply. Start lightly and blend well. If you are still unsure of blush application, don’t be afraid to go to your nearest department store’s cosmetics counter. The girls there will be more than happy to take you through step by step and show you the best technique for your face. It might take you a little while to get it right but it is well worth the effort.
© 2006-2007 Livia Mercer – The Beauty Review Online Magazine
by Livia Mercer
About the Author:
Livia Mercer is the creator of The Beauty Review. A FREE monthly online magazine for women who love beauty and cosmetics and want REAL product reviews by REAL women.
For a free, subscription, visit: http://www.thebeautyreview.com.au